Sunday, December 24, 2006

Dear Ms. Light: A letter to Blind hearts

"By these means, I, your opposite, implore that you stop meddling your sources among my realm, so I will not be forced to retaliate your intrusion. In case you decline my pledge, I accept it as a means to promote war…

Yours truly, Ms. Darkness…"

That’s what Darkness would write seeing as a Sun, bright as a supernova, sinks into the everlasting darkness of a soul that’s bent on destruction. That’s what the darkness in my heart would say to those who dare shed light into it…

So, following my possible course of action, I chose to write an answer to a question that’s never been asked: Why did you leave your science and became an artist?

"Reasons of danger cross this bloated heart
In rage, in anger, in despair I see you
To blame on the weak the reasons of a nightmare
To be like you when you leave me in darkness
Is it fair to play shadow when you’re not?
To be among the hungry, swollen with food?
Sit among the hopeless as you hope?
Or perhaps listen to music when everything’s dark?
Is it fair to live, to push forth as you face others?
Is it fair to smile in other’s sadness?
Would it be wrong to answer unasked questions?
In my darkness, I see you, Light
In this sadness, you dare smile
Smile at me, at my fake smile
Smile at the tear my face runs
Wreaking havoc upon the stone soul
Endangering with madness the poor maniac
As you call forth a shade that will lead to nowhere
As you hurry your time having your place
As you stab your healthy heart, facing the dead
In the darkness I can see you
Searing my skin with your anger
Oh sun where did you come from?
Are you here to slap my failures on me again?
Were you sent to torture me?
Please, searing sun, take away your rays
Leave this soul to sink into the darkness it was born for
Leave this wanderer to dread his early demise
Leave this tortured body to its final rest
Oh sun why are you here?
Is it my destiny to face you forever?
Please, oh please, let me fall
The thread cut has been, to let go
The grinder below waits for its last meal
As I fall into darkness, sink into sadness
Go back to my true essence, spread my wings
Oh searing blue sun, let this opal angel sink
The darkness my wounds heals
The shadows my company provide
The silence I must sink into
To heal, to live, to become myself
You have taken my most precious shards, now go
Go and never return, searing light
No more darkness can I produce, doomed I am
No more shadows can I create, my art fallen has
Because you entered, I learnt to smile
Because you supported, I let go of my art
Now that it must come back, I am hurt
Hurt by its negative, come back will it not
Hurt by my innocence, trust the blade did this soul
Soul that now waits for its helper, itself
Soul that lost its shine
Soul that must now covet its art
Soul that must now harvest inspiration
From the Dead Sea, a sea of dirt
From the night glade, prairie of sand
From the fountains of pride, death
From the fountains of knowledge, death
From itself, death…

The Harvester…
"

The Wolf now waits for its good old friend, in hope that the light will go away...

1 comment:

Setsuka said...

well then, the light just have to say good bye because the darkness has rejected her from there......